Frequently Asked Questions
1. To protect your artwork against mechanical damage, airborne pollution, acid emanating from framing materials and the sun.
2. Aesthetical purpose.
1. If possible hang up your artwork out of the sunlight
2. Using an UV-protecting glass instead of a regular glass (ask for more information and price).
3. Using Plexi glass. Is light, uv-protecting but sensitive for scratches.
These frames are used for objects, hobby collections, heirloom objects and small sculptures. They are three-dimensional and offer dramatic visual possibilities.
Normally between 2 – 3 weeks. For special design requests or special shaped mouldings it can take longer.
Use anti-reflecting glass, we use this glass as a standard.
These are meant to preserve your artwork long term. This is for artwork that is to be preserved for future generations and for high value artwork of potential or historical value. This system is for handling the work of art for around 35 (M)years – 20 (C) years.
WE ALWAYS USE ACID FREE MATERIALS.
GILDING is the application of gold leaf, silver or metal leaf to a surface. There are two possibilities:
- Water based gilding: (this technique requires a great deal of skill: non-woven sheets of gold leaf (1/10.000 mm) are applied to the surface using water mixed with natural glue and put on the wood that has been worked with several layers of clay and gesso.
- Oil based gilding: ( Mixtion ) Non-woven sheets of gold or metal leaves can be glued on different surfaces and can be used for outside.
1. Museum quality and Conservation quality (preservation quality)
This framing quality is for artwork that is to be preserved for future generations and for high value artwork of potential or historical value. (fine art trade def.) This system is for handling the work of art for around 35 (M)years – 20 (C) years.
- Use of anti-acid materials
- Use of anti-reflection glass
- Use of UV-protecting glass
- Use of hinges made from lignin-free, PH-neutral paper, usually a Japanese tissue paper to fix your artwork.
Museum and conservation quality are the best investmentfor your artwork or family heirloom.
2. Regular quality:
To visually enhance artwork and offer a moderate level of protection from airborne pollution and handling for around five years in normal conditions. This is for replaceable artwork of limited commercial and/or moderate sentimental value and where visual apparent is important. (fine art trade def.)
Due to the nature of our work being fully custom, we do require full payment at point of sale. This is our Policy.